Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ring ring...
"Hello, Platothefish here, Ambiguity Faculty"
"Er hello, er is that, er, sorry, um the training department, please?"
"Hang on I'll have a look.... nope"
"Sorry?"
" I said no it's not the training department, I think that you have the wrong number"
"Oh I am awfully sorry er....."
"Yes?"
"Well you see I wanted, I am so sorry, to cancel my place on the er, um assertiveness workshop tomorrow"
"Oh, why is that?"
"Well er, it's a little bit difficult you see"
"Really"?
"Yes you see my, er, boss won't let me go I am afraid".
"Oh? You sound like the ideal candidate".
"Sorry?"
"Never mind"
"So I can't go, er you see, so I was, er ringing up to cancel"
"So let me get this straight. You can't make the assertiveness course because your boss said that you can't go?"
"Er yes, but now I, er, have dialled the, er wrong number, you see."
"That's ok. Listen what would happen if I said that you could attend"?
"Really"????
"Yes of course you can"
"But, er, oh dear. Do you think that it would be alright"?
"Yes of course"
"But my boss......"
"Is your boss there now"?
"Oh no he is away on a conference."
"Will he be there tomorrow?"
"Oh no he's not back until Monday".
"So go then"
"But..."
"Look by the time your boss gets back, you will be assertive and will be able to tell him where to go".
"Oh I see your point, it's only, er, he can get very nasty you know. My wife keeps telling me to stand up to him, but you know how it is, it's very difficult...."
"Ok let's do it this way. Your boss isn't here right now is he?"
"Er, no..."
"So I am giving you permission as someone who is here for you to do the course"
"Really????"
"Yes, really"
"Oh thank you so much. I was so worried about this, cancelling at such a late date and all that. Thank you so much.Er just one thing though..."
"Yes?"
"Won't I get into trouble"?
"No tell your boss that I said it was ok"
"Fantastic, thank you"
"Ok bye, enjoy the course, where is it being held?"
"In the forum"
"Where in the forum"?
"In Greengate Street".
"Where's that?"
"Oh right next door"
"Er Can I just ask where you are?"
"In Barrow-in- Furness of course"
"Barrow??"
"Yes"
"Who do you work for?"
"The council..."
"Oh that's ok then, yes tell them that Platothefish says it's fine."
"Thank you so much. I am glad that I spoke to you".
"Not half as glad as I am, Bye."
"Bye thank you again"
Ahmen

No comments: